Great career opportunities at the new Royal North Shore Hospital
Link to us
To link to this news article, or to the Nursing Careers Allied Health website, you can use the pre-prepared website code shown below. Simply copy the code in the grey box on the left, and paste into your website where you would like the link to appear. Your website should automatically apply your own website colours and styles to the link.
Link to the article: Great career opportunities at the new Royal North Shore Hospital
<p><a href="http://www.ncah.com.au/news-events/great-career-opportunities-at-the-new-royal-north-shore-hospital/1433/">Great career opportunities at the new Royal North Shore Hospital</a></p>
The iconic Royal North Shore Hospital, that has cared for patients in Sydney’s North shore since 1888, has undergone a major, $1.127 billion re-development. The project, due for completion in December 2012, will provide significant technological and capacity related improvements that will ensure Royal North Shore is well equipped to face the challenges and demands of a growing, ageing population, and to continue its long tradition of providing expert clinical care to its’ patients.
The hospital provides state-wide services such as Burns, Spinal, Intensive Care and Neonatal Intensive Care. There are also a variety of clinical specialties such as haematology, midwifery, paediatrics, orthopaedics, emergency, peri-operative, oncology, ENT, urology, renal, cardiology just to mention a few.
Some of the key benefits of the Royal North Shore Redevelopment include:
• Inpatient wards for medical and surgical patients with a combination of one-bed and four-bed rooms.
• An outpatient (ambulatory care) centre.
• A new Comprehensive Cancer Care Centre located close to related services, including additional chemotherapy chairs.
• Additional renal dialysis chairs.
• Enhanced diagnostic services and new clinical and information technology services.
• 18 new operating theatres, in addition to theatres in the existing Douglas Building.
• Capacity for a 58-bed intensive care unit with single rooms.
• A range of retail and dining areas for staff and patients.
• Automated guided vehicles to transport food, linen and waste around the hospital.
• A new car park with 350 extra parking spaces and new roads and landscaping.
The new hospital presents a range of incredibly exciting opportunities for nurses, midwives and allied health professionals. Registered nurses, midwives and enrolled nurses that are interested in joining the Royal North Shore team, and embarking on this exciting new chapter for the hospital, are encouraged to contact Nursing and Midwifery Operations, on (02) 9926 7772 or by email RNSNursing&Midwifery@nsccahs.health.nsw.gov.au