Nursing is a proud vocation dating back as long as people have cared for other people. Technological and medical advances have substantially altered the tasks and activities that nurses undertake in their efforts to care for patients, but the underlying mission will always be to provide the best possible care for patients.
If you’re considering a career in nursing, use the resources here to learn more about nursing as a job, the many and varied career options available to you and the exciting places that your nursing career can take you.
You can use the course search module to search for a vast range of courses and educational opportunities that are available to nurses or aspiring nurses.
Similarly the nursing jobs search module can be used to search through thousands of jobs posted with NCAH.
Nursing Resource Articles
- Remote nurse practitioners
- Red Cross calling
- Nursing in trauma and disasters
- Mental health nurse credentialing
- What is forensic nursing?
- Advocating for nurses and midwives
- Making a career change
- Social media and patient privacy - a nurse leader's investigation
- How to choose a nursing agency
- How to become a nurse
- How to become a nurse practitioner
- Taking the leap into remote nursing
- Nursing through disasters
- How nurses can care for the mental health of people with chronic disease
- Home nursing - a new career horizon
- Improving resilience in OR nursing
- Australia's chief nurse Dr Rosemary Bryant: My career as a nurse leader
- How nurses can nourish themselves through shift work hours
- What makes a good nurse great?
- How to make your nursing job application stand out
- Bereavement guidelines for mental health professionals
- Developing leaders at the College of Nursing
- Polysomnographic Nursing
- The OzHelp Foundation
- Remote Area Nursing
- Benchmarque launch new course in Wound Management
- 10 Tips to Working with Newly Qualified Nurses
- Mental Health Nurses - Move to NZ with Geneva Health
- Transforming healthcare in East Timor
- Returning to Work
- What does an oncology nurse do?
- Careers in Renal Nursing (Nephrology)
- Oncology Nursing
- Perioperative Nursing
- Nursing in the Northern Territory
- Nursing in Victoria
- Can IT lead to a radical redesign of health care?
- New CPD requirements for nurses and midwives in Australia
- Ever Considered Working in the Middle East?
- What do nurses earn?
- Nursing Careers In South Australia
- Nursing Careers In Tasmania
- Nursing Careers In New South Wales
- Nursing Careers In Queensland
- Nursing Jobs Abroad - An Overview
- What is a Clinical Nurse Specialist?
- What is a Mental Health Nurse?
- What is a Critical Care or Intensive Care Nurse?
- What is an Aged Care Nurse?
- Nursing as a Career
- History of Nursing in New Zealand
- Volunteer Nursing with Breakaway