Login  |  Register

Travel Nursing Resources

Home » Working Abroad » Working in UK
Working in UK


To work in the UK, all nurses and midwives must register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). Visit: www.nmc-uk.org .

The cost for overseas applicants includes your annual fee and an administration charge. At the end of the first and second years of your registration period, you will be required to pay a fee to maintain registration.

Visas and work permits

There are several visa options available for employment in the UK, including:
* a working holidaymaker visa
* a UK ancestry employment visa
* work permit holders
* the highly skilled migrant program
* a spouse visa

No work permit is required for European Economic Area (EEA) Nationals.

More information about visa regulations can be found at www.ukvisas.gov.au, www.britaus.net in Australia or www.britain.org.nz in New Zealand.

British High Commission Australia
Canberra 1902 941 555

Visa applications should be addressed to:
Locked Bag 5010
Visa Section
Piccadilly House
39 Brindabella Circuit
Canberra Airport
ACT 2609

British High Commission New Zealand
Wellington 0900 42748
Postal Address:
PO Box 1812
Wellington 6140

Ensure you check all details carefully with the relevant British High Commission before making travel arrangements.

For more information on eligibility for work and registration, and to download a NMC registration form, visit: www.nmc-uk.org

NMC Overseas Registration
23 Portland Place
W1N 4J

p) +44 207 333 6600
f) +44 207 436 2924

Useful Links for Allied Health Professionals

Social Workers
Allied Health Professionals

View Travel Nursing Jobs available in


View allied health jobs available in